Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.Get Verse of the Day delivered to your inbox.
Create your custom Bible reading plan today! Start here >
Below is a list of the books of the Bible. Clicking on a book of the Bible will show you a list of all the chapters of that book.
Reading the Bible daily not only helps you grow in your faith and walk with Jesus Christ, but will be an amazing source of encouragement throughout your day. You can read the Bible in one year with one of our Bible reading plans in over 50 translations. Reading the Bible in one year is easier than you think when you follow a schedule!
Use these tips to help improve your Bible search.
• Using the Advanced Bible Search, you can restrict your Bible search to only certain books of the Bible or to just the New Testament or Old Testament.
• You can easily view multiple chapters of the Bible at the same time. For example: Matthew 5-7 and Exodus 12, 20.
• To search for scriptures containing occurrences of an exact phrase, place that phrase “in quotes.” For example: "love one another"
• You can compare multiple translations of the same passage by using the Advanced Bible Search.
• You can save your preferences so that we’ll remember them every time you search the Bible.
• Using the Advanced Bible Search, you can narrow your Bible search results by excluding scriptures that contain certain words.
• On most browsers, after entering your search into the Bible search box, press Enter to begin your search.
• Use the Advanced Bible Search to change how many Bible verses are displayed on each page of your Bible Search results.
• Using the Advanced Bible Search, you can narrow your Bible search to find only verses that begin or end with a certain word or phrase.
The Bible is the most important book for Christians. Watch videos and read articles discussing the importance of the Scriptures in your Christian walk. Discover the central theme of the Word. Learn how a person can be made right with God through studying the Bible. Learn what the Gospel is. See how we can apply it to our lives. Hear what the Word says about Jesus and the sacrifice he made so that Christians can have eternal life.