I Love You
Today's reading: Luke 22:1-24:53
Before starting into a new Book this week, let's spend one final day considering what we took in, considered and learned from the account of Jesus' arrest, death, resurrection and his final time on earth. As I read through these chapters, God's love for us was so evident leading up to Jesus' ultimate act of love through crucifixion. Here are some of Jesus' "I love you" actions and words that stood out to me from Luke's account.
- The caring and tender way Jesus interacts with the disciples in the upper room (Luke 22:14-23).
- How Jesus telling Peter that Peter will deny Him includes these reassuring words, "when you have turned again, strengthen your brothers" (Luke 22:32).
- Jesus showing compassion during his arrest by healing the guard's ear (Luke 22:51).
- The manner in which Jesus bears the hatred and cruel treatment that has come upon Him as He stands before Pilate and Herod and is taken away and handled by the soldiers.
- Jesus' care and concern for the women who were mourning his imminent crucifixion (Luke 22:28-31).
- Jesus' interaction with the criminal who asks Jesus to remember him (Luke 23:43).
- Jesus' words, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do" (Luke 23:34).
- How grateful I am for God's love, and what Jesus willingly did for me.
What "I love you" actions or words stood out to you from one or more of the accounts of Jesus' final days on earth? How will you pass on God's love to someone this week? Tami
Powered by 4 is all about engaging God's Word and living it out--in community. So if it's encouragement you want or motivation you need, join the discussion on the P4 Blog--a place to weigh in on the daily scripture as well as share thoughts & questions.