Engage Your Employee Day One
How many of us started a new job only to encounter paperwork, a bare desk and a lonely lunch? Stunned, we contemplate, “Did I make the right decision?”
A recent Harvard Business Review article, “How to Get an Employee Up to Speed?” suggests this check list:
- A clean and “stocked” workstation
- A list of access codes
- Welcome emails
- An overview of the company culture
- A review of the job description and expectations
- Specific lunch dates with co-workers
- Intentional time for them
- A follow-up on how the first week progressed
Luke 6:31 says “Do to others as you would have them do to you.”
Onboarding a new hire with excellence will have a positive impact on the new employee and the company’s bottom-line.
Today’s Integrity Moment was courtesy of Vicki Kernsvaal.
Learn more about Rick Boxx and Unconventional Business Network