September 18, 2017
Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light. Because I have sinned against him, I will bear the LORD's wrath, until he pleads my case and establishes my right. He will bring me out into the light; I will see his righteousness. Micah 7:8-9
Maybe sin has knocked you for a loop. Maybe it has wrestled you to the ground and pinned your back to the mat. You don't have to stay down. Today's passage is a bold reminder that it's time to get up, stand straight, and by God's grace, move forward.
For all who have been knocked down, read the verses again and then make these courageous statements with Micah.
- So, enemy, you rejoice over my failure? You think I will stay down on the mat? You think that my future is rendered ineffective by the sins of my past? Think again!
- No, I am not proud of my sin. I hate what I have done. I have dishonored God. But I will not stay down on the mat. By His grace, I will rise.
- I know my sin makes me sit in darkness. I feel guilty. I am guilty. But I will not stay in the darkened state of unforgiveness. The Lord is my light!
- Yes, I have sinned, and God disciplines those whom He loves. And I know this--the very One who disciplines me is my Advocate who will plead my case ... and win!
- I know that I don't deserve God's grace. And yet He offers it to me. I accept it. He will pick me up off the mat. He will restore me! My God will enable me to live in righteousness again!
Father, thank You for not giving up on me. Thank You for picking me up when I fall. Thank You for forgiveness. Thank You for restoration. Thank You for Jesus who paid the penalty for all my sin. Help me live in righteousness. In Jesus' name. Amen.