Mothers of the Promise
Mothers are quite a precious commodity, aren't they? Each of us owes our very existence to our Mom!
Scriptures are specific when we speak to the blessed theme of motherhood. In fact:
- God is interested in individuals - 2,930 individuals named.
- God is interested in women, 327 are women, nearly all mothers.
We know more specifics and good things about women from God's word than any other ancient document. Let's go to the starting or origin point - Gen. 2:18-25.
- We see her as the crowning act of creation, its completion.
- She is that which made good God's only bad report 'not good man to be alone'.
So, He made one to match, complete, and correspond to Him - helpmate - woman.
Some have said that there are actually two ways to look at it.
- Woman's view = God saw man and immediately thought He could do better - so woman.
- Man's view = God made the universe and rested and then made woman - and no one has rested since!!!
Let's look back at Genesis to get to the heart of the matter of "Mothers of the Promise".
Genesis 3:15 God said about women's & mother's ministry after the fall of mankind into sin.
Supernatural Birth Coming
"Enmity between her seed and your seed".
Women do not have seed they are the bearers of the seed of a man this = virgin birth.
Supernatural Conqueror's Coming
"He shall bruise his head and you shall bruise his heel"
All women were aware of this event and wondered for centuries - would they be a part of this promised Supernatural Conqueror's coming - Messiah!