God's Pathway to Eternal, Life-Long Usefulness
One day each of us gets to stand in front of Jesus who loved us, died for us, bought us, and asked us to live as His servants the rest of our lives.
He has already told us what He wants to say to each of us: "Well done, good and faithful servants" (Matthew 25).
He has already told us that everything in life we do, say, or think is either good or worthless (II Corinthians 5), and that the good He rewards and the worthless He burns (I Corinthians 3).
So, how do we stay on course with living the good that pleases Him, the good that He rewards, and that lasts forever?
The way to be useful to God, and to gain eternal rewards that please Him is to follow His pathway that has been expressed from each leader and teacher given in God's Word to His church. Listen to these words from them I have put into 21st Century terms:
Paul said: I beg you don't waste your life, remember the only way to keep everything from being wasted is to present your life one-day-at-a-time as a gift to God (that's Romans 12).
Jesus said: as long as you live, where ever you go, tell believers what I left written down as my desire for the way they live (that's Matthew 28); and remind them that the way you show that you love me is when you keep all My commandments I have left for you to do in My Word (that's John 14).
Peter said: since everything is going to get dissolved, burn up, and destroyed, live for the One who makes all you do in His Name last forever (that's II Peter 3).
The Pathway of Usefulness to God
There is nothing greater in life than to be useful for God! Please turn to Titus 2:1-8, listen to the very voice of God speaking not to a select few, but to every man, woman, and child here today:
- Do you want to obey God's call to balance your live by being a man of the Word?
- Are you willing to invest the time on a regular basis to show that you are cultivating a serious pursuit of God in a world so amused that it has no time for God?
- Are you eating God's Word (Matthew 4:4) and exercising yourself into godliness (I Timothy 4:7) so that your mind is guarded and kept by the Word of God that is our armor of protection?
- Do you spend enough time in Christ's Presence that you are changing more and more to be like Him (II Corinthians 3:18) and living out His tender-hearted compassion for those around you each day?
- How is your focus on God? Are you "lost in electronica", living a world of endless electronic media and constant visual stimulation? Can you think deeply about God and abstain from distractions that want to make God seem so far away? If so, you are on the path that God desires for you of seeking Him first, as more important than everything else (Matthew 6:33).
To continue reading this message please copy and paste this URL into your browser bar: http://www.dtbm.org/sermon/gods-pathway-to-eternal-life-long-usefulness/