Choose Problems or Promises - Monday, May 29th 2017
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
The problems and difficulties that we face in this world can be a major distraction that either keeps us confused and struggling, or they can cause us to focus in on the promises of God. Consider these problems people have faced:
- If you cripple them you help create a sir Walter Scott.
- If you blind them you help create a Helen Keller.
- If you put them in prison you help create a John Bunyan author of Pilgrims Progress.
- If you bury them in the snow at Valley Forge you help create a General George Washington.
- If you put them in poverty, you help create a President Abraham Lincoln.
- If you paralyze them, you help create a President Franklin Roosevelt.
- If you make them deaf, you help create a Beethoven.
- If you oppress them with racism you have helped create Booker T. Washington, George Washington Carver, or Martin Luther King.
- If you give them a learning disability you help create an Albert Einstein.
- If you make them a premature baby, deaf, and mute, you help create Pastor David McGee.
To a man or woman of faith, you cannot shoot them down. You cannot keep a God man down:
- Throw them in slavery and you help create a Moses as the deliverer.
- If you send in a Goliath, you help create a King David.
- If you throw them into a burning fire you help create Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.
- If you throw them in the lionís den you help create a Daniel an adviser to the world's leader.
Hold on to the promises friend, stay in fellowship with other believers, pray consistently, feed on the Word of God continually, and trust in God always with hopeful expectation.
Life Lesson: When a believer holds on to God, holds onto the Bible, is filled with God's power, God's priorities and God's perspective, there is nothing the world can throw at the believer, that he and God cannot handle.
Lord, thank You for the strength You have shown to others that have gone out before me. Thank You for giving me eternal promises that give me strength when I trust in Your Word. Please give me the power to continue to pursue You always. In Jesus' name, amen.
Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee
Cross the Bridge
Scripture quotations marked 'NKJV™' are taken from the New King James Version®.
Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
Scripture quotations marked (NLT) are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2017 Cross the Bridge.
For more life-changing resources visit crossthebridge.com