In today's devotional I want to follow up on the passage we looked at yesterday, 1 Corinthians 7:7-9,
For I wish that all men were even as I myself. But each one has his own gift from God, one in this manner and another in that. But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am; but if they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.
What I want to focus on is verse 9, especially the part about burning with passion. There are way too many young Christians who are out of control in their physical relationship with the opposite sex.
So, mom or dad, here is something you can share with your kids in connection with relating to the opposite sex. Be prepared, I am going to be blunt.
1. Any body part they have that you don't have, don't touch it. Any equipment they have that you don't have, it is hands off!
2. Do not put any part of your body into any part of their body.
3. Do not get horizontal. Don't even sit on the couch watching TV, and lay down in one another's arms. If you do, you know where that can lead.
4. If you are going to kiss, let it be short and meaningful. Don't allow yourselves to get into a wrestling match. Again, it is hard to find the switch to turn it off once you get going.
5. Finally, let things like holding hands or putting your arm around your boyfriend or girlfriend actually be meaningful.
If you are single, apply these rules, and they could save you a lot of grief!
Visit the Answers with Bayless Conley website for more ways to connect with God.
Discover how God wants to increase your life as you follow Him!
In this message, you’ll discover how God can increase your faith, joy, love, and influence—as well as how to stir yourself for action to prepare for increase.
If you want to learn how to open yourself up to God’s increase in all areas of your life, you can receive 5 Ways God Wants to Bring Increase to Your Life on CD, DVD, or MP3 as thanks for your gift today.