Getting Established in the Faith
If you are a new believer in Christ, or know someone who is, I want to talk to you today. I want to share with you four things that will help you get established in your faith.
2. Pray every day. Spend time talking to God and then listening in your heart for His answers. As 1 Thessalonians 5:17 admonishes us, Pray without ceasing. This is a vital part of your growth and protection as a believer.
3. Fellowship with other believers. Do not get isolated from the church. Do not get isolated from the rest of the body. Scripture tells us to not forsake the assembling of yourselves together, as is the manner of some (Hebrews 10:25). In fact, it is important to get integrated into a smaller circle of fellowship. You need to get connected relationally. There is a real safety in that.
4. Listen to your spiritual leaders. Go to church whenever the doors are open, and go expecting God to speak to you through the teaching and preaching. One translation of Hebrews 13:17 says, Give ear to your spiritual leaders and be willing to do what they say for their work is to watch over your souls. Become a part of a strong Bible-believing fellowship and take heed to what is taught.
If you will do those things: read your Bible every day, pray every day, get involved in a smaller circle of fellowship and listen to your spiritual leaders, you will be all right.
Visit the Answers with Bayless Conley website for more ways to connect with God.
I want to help you experience the fullness of God’s grace at work in your life, by sending you my 3-part teaching CD series, Total Redemption.
Jesus came to earth to restore you in every aspect: spirit, soul, and body. And in this message series, I take you through Scripture to reveal how you can experience redemption practically in these three aspects of your life. You’ll learn how to…
- Reconnect with God in your heart
- Experience authentic peace in your mind
- Transform your language, lifestyle, and relationships
Total Redemption is my way to thank you for your gift to help bring a living Jesus to more people—so request your copy. Thank you for your generosity!