Evidences You Are Living in Gospel Community
You know you are living in gospel community when...
- believers practice confession instead of trying to make an impression
- people are defined by a lifestyle of repenting rather than pretending
- you embrace truth at all costs, not agreeing for each others approval
- light exposes & wounds and love covers & heals–both/and not either/or
- people are happy to be holy, not content to be comfortable
- you own your mess because of His mercy, instead of hiding them because of your shame
- functional saviors & heart idolatry are lovingly confronted & challenged by Christ’s reign & rule
- unbelieving sinners & believing sinners together look away from themselves & look to Jesus
- the pleasure of God in Christ to save you liberates you to passionately serve others
- hospitality is given to those on the margins, & those not like you are welcome in your world
- individual preferences take a back seat to community purposes of loving God and neighbor
[These were some personal reflections posted on Twitter last week.]
Originally published February 03, 2015.