A wartime mindset must include shrewd knowledge of enemy tactics. Ephesians 5:11, "Take no part in unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them."
Christianity stands or falls with the reality of Satan and demons. Why? Because Jesus spent his whole ministry fighting them. If they are not real he is reduced to a comic figure.
What Is Satan's Goal? What Are His Tactics?
- He is the Father of lies. John 8:44
His nature is falsehood! He only speaks the truth to deceive.
- Therefore, his chief enemy is truth - he opposes God's word. Genesis 3:1-5
- He casts doubt on God's goodness. Genesis 3:1-5
He destroys the obedience of faith.
He opposes the truth reaching and converting people.
- He hinders missions strategy. 1 Thess. 2:18
- He distorts and prevents effective Gospel message. Acts 13:8-9
- He avoids inner need by removing external trouble. 1 John 3:12
- He uses the fear of death to hold men in bondage. Hebrews 2:15
It doesn't lead them to God because it leads them to get as many kicks here as possible.
- He causes people to stumble over bad Christian attitudes. 2 Tim. 2:24-26
- He blinds the minds of unbelievers. 2 Cor. 4:4
- He exploits a lack of understanding. Mt 13:19
- He suggests ways that don't involve suffering. Mt 16:23; Mt 4:1-11
- He imitates religious roles. 2 Cor. 11:14-15; Mt 13:28-30; Rev. 2:9
- He misuses Scripture. Mt 4:6
- He imitates signs and wonders. 2 Thess. 2:9; Mk 13:22
- He offers exotic occult alternatives. Rev. 2:19-24
He attacks faith to destroy believers:
- attacks faith. 1 Thess. 3:5; 2 Cor. 11:3
- brings persecution. Rev. 2:9; 1 Pet. 5:8; Luke 22:31
- brings sickness. Job 1:11; 2:5; Luke 13:16.
- dissension over doctrine and causes rifts. Rom. 16:17-20
- sexual allurements. 1 Cor. 7:5; 1 Tim. 5:15
- unresolved anger. 2 Cor. 2:11; Eph. 4:27
- pride. 1 Tim. 3:6
We began with liar and end with pride. Connection: the truth is that God is God and we are not. It is humbling. The only way to rebel against the lowliness of creaturehood is to be a liar. Humility under God is the great devil resistance (James 4:6–7).
The views and opinions expressed in this podcast are those of the speakers and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of Salem Web Network and Salem Media Group.