Man rebels and faces God's judgment.
Faith is believing what God has said, not merely hoping for something. It is not like wishing upon a star when, if you believe hard enough, your wish will come true. Faith is trusting God's Word.
God told Noah to build an ark and save himself from the coming deluge. Noah had never seen an ark, but he believed God and was obedient to what he knew (Genesis 6:22). He believed the Word of God and acted on it. That's faith.
· Praise our Lord Jesus Christ for His promise to us in His Word that He will give us His faith to endure:
I will extol You, my God, O King;
And I will bless Your name forever and ever.
Every day I will bless You,
And I will praise Your name forever and ever.
Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised;
And His greatness is unsearchable.
One generation shall praise Your works to another,
And shall declare Your mighty acts.
I will meditate on the glorious splendor of Your majesty,
And on Your wondrous works
· Now pray this confession to the Lord to keep your life in fellowship with Him:
O my God, I am too ashamed and humiliated to lift up my face to You, my God; for my iniquities have risen higher than my head, and my guilt has grown up to the heavens (based on Ezra 9:6).
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind as you voice your affirmation of God's Word:
He has delivered us from the power of darkness and translated us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins (Colossians 1:13-14).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater insight into the Scriptures,
· the hungry around the world,
· the concerns of your heart.
· Now offer this prayer of worship to the Lord:
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with us all. Amen (based on 2 Corinthians 13:14).