God confirms His covenant with Abraham.
"Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness" (James 2:23). Faith is central to the Christian experience. In fact, without faith, there is no Christian experience.
Why is faith so important? Because we cannot make ourselves righteous -- any more than a cracked window can make itself uncracked.
We have sinned and only God can make us righteous. Faith then is the only thing we can do -- and even our faith is a gracious gift of God!
· Celebrate your relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ by offering Him this psalm of praise:
I will bless the Lord at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul shall make its boast in the Lord;
The humble shall hear of it and be glad.
Oh, magnify the Lord with me,
And let us exalt His name together
· Now pray this confession to the Lord to keep your life free from sin and in fellowship with Him:
I turn to You, Lord, with all my heart, With fasting, with weeping, and with mourning. I rend my heart, and not my garments (based on Joel 2:12-13).
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. As you agree with God's will, voice your affirmation of His Word:
There is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time (1 Timothy 2:5-6).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· renewal of your mind,
· needs of your extended family,
· your prayer list.
· Offer this prayer of worship to the Lord:
Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, make us complete in every good work to do His will, working in us what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen (based on Hebrews 13:20-21).