The Israelites migrate to Mount Sinai where Moses meets with God.
God's love for us is nothing less than total. And He leaves no doubt in our minds as to His commitment to us. The Lord goes so far as to establish a covenant with Israel at Mount Sinai and with us at Calvary as an expression of His absolute commitment to us.
We should have two responses: we should love fully the God who first loved us. And, if we are to love our family as God loves us, we must leave no doubts in their minds as to the totality of our love for them. Communicate your love to them in certain terms.
· For His unconditional love, praise the Lord with this psalm:
Praise the Lord!
Praise God in His sanctuary;
Praise Him in His mighty firmament!
Praise Him for His mighty acts;
Praise Him according to His excellent greatness! . . .
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord!
· Now pray this confession to the Lord to keep your life in fellowship with Him:
As a father pities his children,
So the Lord pities those who fear Him.
For He knows our frame;
He remembers that we are dust
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. As you agree with God's will, voice your affirmation of His Word:
The Lord shall preserve you from all evil;
He shall preserve your soul.
The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in
From this time forth, and even forevermore
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater commitment to the Lord,
· specific Christian ministries,
· the concerns of your heart.
· Now offer this prayer of worship to the Lord who has made a covenant with you:
Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, make us complete in every good work to do His will, working in us what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen
(based on Hebrews 13:20-21).