The Belt of Truth
By David Chadwick
Your spiritual war is not against flesh and blood, but the wiles of the enemy (Ephesians 6:10-20).
But you are not defenseless against the devil. Jesus’s followers possess the full armor of God. Each part of the armor can be utilized against the devil.
The first piece of the armor is the belt of truth. Truth, by its very definition, is exclusive. It means something is true and other things are lies.
The evil one is the father of lies (John 8:44). Every lie finds its origin in him.
The devil constantly lies to you. He tries to convince you that something other than God can meet your deepest longings. You try it repeatedly. Suddenly, you become an addict.
Every other piece of the full armor of God is attached to the belt of truth. If you don’t begin with truth, you’ll never defeat the enemy. And Jesus said God’s Word is true (John 17:17).
To discover truth, you must measure all the world’s teachings against God’s Word.
- The world says your worth is found in your performance. God’s Word says your worth is found in who you are in Christ, not what you do.
- The world says you need more materially to feel fulfilled. God’s Word says you find your contentment in a relationship with Jesus.
- The world says live for today, for tomorrow you may die. God’s Word says live for eternity, for heaven is your home.
Always seek God’s truth in his Word. It helps defeat the enemy’s lies.
And you will be set free to live as God intended.
Stand strong in the attack
God’s equipped you with exactly what you need to defend yourself from the devil when he comes creeping into your life.
David Chadwick’s CD set, The Enemy, shows you how to use the tools God has given you to resist Satan’s advances.
In it, you’ll learn how to:
- Use God’s Word, the ultimate defense, to deflect evil
- Resist the Devil’s advances
- Pray to fight temptation
- Submit to God and let Him work it out for your good
The Enemy is our gift to thank you for your donation to give more reason for hope in Jesus. So request it below when you give.
We pray it helps you stand strong against your enemy!
For more from Moments of Hope, visit us at MomentsofHope.org.