What are some practical ways for a pastor to love his family?
- Take the initiative to establish a plan for family worship, then follow the plan!
- Come home at the exact time you say you will be home and prepare your heart to serve your family, not be served.
- Take responsibility for your children’s education and discipline—don’t leave it to your wife to figure out.
- Share with your wife and kids some of the good things that are going on in the church; then thank them for helping to make those things possible.
- Use every hour of your vacation time. And take a vacation that does not involve extended family; restrict it to just your wife and kids.
- Take a two week vacation.
- Diligently guard your days off.
- There are times when it seems like you have to choose whether to be a good dad and husband or a good pastor. Good pastors choose to be good dads and husbands.
Find more great resources for church health from Mark Dever and 9Marks Ministries at www.9marks.org