Then Comes the Good Part!
Mary Magdalene came, announcing to the disciples, "I have seen the Lord," and that He had said these things to her.
A family was watching The Greatest Story Ever Told, a film on the life of Christ. One of the children in the family was deeply moved. As Jesus journeyed to Calvary, tears rolled down her cheeks. She sat absolutely silent until Jesus had been taken down from the cross and put into the tomb. Then she suddenly grinned and shouted excitedly, "Now comes the good part!"
- The gospel would be meaningless. [I]f you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved (Romans 10:9).
- Forgiveness of sins would be hopeless. And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins (I Corinthians 15:17).
- Present life would be joyless. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied(I Corinthians 15:18-19).
- Godly living would be fruitless. Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go to the Father (John 14:12).
- Future life would be worthless. Let not your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you (John 14:1-2).
Do you understand what is at stake? If there is no resurrection, there is no Gospel; if there is no Gospel, there is no forgiveness of sin; if there is no forgiveness of sin, there is no present joy; if there is no present joy, there is no future hope.
We may sit silently during part of this life; we may shed abundant tears of sadness as we watch and wait. But just remember that Christ is preparing a place for us in His Father's house . . . and then comes the good part!
Prayer Point: Talk to the Lord with gratitude for your salvation. Use the words death, burial, and resurrection when you pray. Keep in mind that you have eternal life because of His resurrection.
Extra Refreshment: Read all of 1 Corinthians 15 for Paul's awesome teaching on the Resurrection.
Many ministries today expound on life and illustrate with Scripture;
we’re committed to expounding on Scripture and illustrating with life!