: the work of Jehovah.
- One of the Levites whom David appointed as porter for the ark (1 Chronicles 15:18,20).
- One of the "captains of hundreds" associated with Jehoiada in restoring king Jehoash to the throne (2 Chronicles 23:1).
- The "king's son," probably one of the sons of king Ahaz, killed by Zichri in the invasion of Judah by Pekah, king of Israel (2 Chronicles 28:7).
- One who was sent by king Josiah to repair the temple (2 Chronicles 34:8). He was governor (Heb. sar, rendered elsewhere in the Authorized Version "prince," "chief captain," chief ruler") of Jerusalem.
- The father of the priest Zephaniah (Jeremiah 21:1; 37:3).
- The father of the false prophet Zedekiah (Jeremiah 29:21).
Maase'iah, refuge is Jehovah, a priest, the father of Neriah (Jeremiah 32:12; 51:59).