Dr. Bookman completed his M.Div. and Th.M. at Central Baptist Theological Seminary; and his Th.D. at Dallas Theological Seminary.
After graduating from Pillsbury Baptist Bible College and Central Seminary, Dr. Bookman served as pastor/teacher in Rock Falls, Wisconsin. He joined the faculty of Pillsbury College in 1973, taught there for eleven years, and eventually served as Chairman of the Bible Department.
In 1987, Dr. Bookman joined the Bible Department faculty of The Master's College. While there, he conceived, designed, and implemented the IBEX program, a semester-abroad program in Israel. During those years, he began to see the need for a renewed emphasis on the life of Christ, and the nation of Israel. In 1998, Dr. Bookman joined the Friends of Israel as a national representative. Throughout the years he has taught at various colleges and seminaries, and has served as pastor and interim pastor at local churches. Much of his ministry in the last decade has focused on both Israel and the life of Christ, leading study trips to Israel, and speaking at Bible Conferences across the United States and abroad.
Dr. Bookman joined the Shepherds Theological Seminary faculty in August 2009. He heads up the student recruitment and teaches in the area of New Testament Exposition. Dr. Bookman also enjoys leading numerous study trips to Israel which includes an annual trip specifically designed for our STS students.
Shepherds Theological Seminary
- 32. "Silent" Wednesday Thursday, September 30, 2021
- A Timeline of Easter Holy Week, Passion Week Monday, February 8, 2021
- Jesus on the Cross - The Timeline of His Final Day Friday, February 5, 2021
- Raise Lazarus, Get Arrested? Why? Monday, December 6, 2010
- Why Was the Temple Cleansing So Important? Monday, December 6, 2010
- Why Did Jesus Ride into Jerusalem on a Donkey? Monday, December 6, 2010
- The Timing of the Triumphal Entry in the OT? Monday, December 6, 2010
- Was the Triumphal Entry a Clever Plan? Monday, December 6, 2010
- In What Year Did Jesus Die? Wednesday, September 29, 2010
- Why Does Pilate Seem Different in History? Monday, September 20, 2010
- What's the Importance of the Holy Spirit Coming? Friday, September 10, 2010
- Why Did Peter Want to Build Booths? Wednesday, September 8, 2010
- What Was the Importance of the Transfiguration? Wednesday, September 8, 2010
- Why Didn't the Disciples Understand? Wednesday, September 8, 2010
- Do the Four Resurrection Accounts Fit Together? Tuesday, September 7, 2010
- How Can God Die? Tuesday, September 7, 2010
- Let the Dead Bury Their Own Dead? Tuesday, September 7, 2010
- If Jesus is God, Why Did He Pray? Tuesday, September 7, 2010