When Adam and Eve chose to DOUBT GOD they started a tidal wave of sin that flood our lives to this day. Listen to the tragic results of the Fall of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.
When they began doubting God it was because they listened to the whisper of a dragon, the devil of old, our adversary, Satan.
- God pronounced the curse that would stalk the covenant for all time:
- Eve was tempted and Adam fell, but the seed was promised to crush the serpent.
- Abel was murdered, Cain was marked and the race was drowned because it was beyond hope, but Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.
- The world united in religion against God so at Babel he confounded the languages, but He chose Abraham and the struggle intensified.
- The 12 tribes were corrupted and the true worship apostatized and God was silent for 400 years.
- The Promised Seed was born and the babies were murdered.
- The Christ was tempted in person by the dragon slanderer and murderous liar, but Jesus was triumphant.
- His ministry was dogged with false accusations and death threats, but He did not look away.
- Gethsemane was like a second Garden of Eden. The snake dripped venom again and the Savior sweat blood. But, he didn't turn back.
And then, on Calvary's Hill, He died…at last did Satan, the murderer, win? Was the Promised Seed done, the covenant over?
No, Hallelujah He Arose. Death and the Devil were vanquished and God's redemption plan's price was paid! And the doubters could return to God by grace.
Instead of following God obediently in Paradise, Adam and Eve listened to the Devil, doubted God, disobeyed God's Word, fell into sin, and Paradise was lost.
WE MUST LISTEN TO GOD'S WORD
GOD has FOUR truths that destroy Satan's 4 lies. We would do well to heed God's Word:
- TRUST His Word Psalm 119:89 "Forever, O Lord, Your word is settled in heaven." (NKJV)
- REST in His Goodness Psalm 73:1 "Truly God is good to Israel, To such as are pure in heart." (NKJV)
- SUBMIT to His Authority James 4:7 "Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." (NKJV)
- FOLLOW His Plan Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." (NKJV)
What should be our response to these truths?
To continue reading this message please copy and paste this URL into your browser bar: http://www.dtbm.org/sermon/doubting-god/