God is With Us | Matthew 1:23
The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel--which means, "God with us."
What a powerful name! What a comforting name! Immanuel—God with us. At one point in history Immanuel walked Planet Earth. Now, for the rest of history, He is with us and lives in us. The God who never changes is the constant in our lives of constant change. The Spirit of the living God indwells each believer.
- When December 31 of the old year becomes January 1 of the New Year…God is with us.
- When we have another birthday—even “The Big One”…God is with us.
- When the job changes…God is with us.
- When our location changes…God moves with us.
- When illness alters our life…God is there with us.
- When dread fills our heart…God is with us.
- When joy overflows…God is with us.
- When our dream dies…God is with us.
- When we breathe our last breath…God is with us.
I have no idea what tomorrow will bring. I know that the next phone call could change my life. But whatever happens in the uncertainty of life, this one thing I am certain of—God is always with me. He is Immanuel and He will be with me to the end.
Father, remind me that I am never alone. Fill my heart with the assurance of Immanuel. Thank You for always being with me. In Jesus’ name. Amen.