God calls Moses to bring the children of Israel out of Egypt.
The wisdom of Egypt was not adequate to equip Moses to serve God, so God took him out of the limelight -- into solitude and obscurity. There Moses met God and learned to walk with Him.
The pattern was the same for many of God's servants: Joseph, David, Daniel, Paul, and John. Occasionally it will appear as though we have been set aside. Properly used, that time will equip the Lord's servant for the next level of ministry.
Be faithful. Without deserts, there are no deliverers.
· Regardless of your circumstances, lift up your heart to God in praise.
Oh come, let us sing to the Lord!
Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving;
Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms.
For the Lord is the great God,
And the great King above all gods.
In His hand are the deep places of the earth;
The heights of the hills are His also.
The sea is His, for He made it;
And His hands formed the dry land
· Now pray this confession to the Lord as you come into His special presence:
Woe is me, for I am undone!
Because I am a man of unclean lips,
And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. As you agree with God's will, voice your affirmation of His Word:
Your iniquity is taken away,
And your sin purged (Isaiah 6:7).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· a heart filled with thanksgiving for the opportunity to worship the living God,
· your pastor and worship leaders,
· the concerns of your heart.
· Now offer this prayer of worship to the Lord:
But now, O Lord,
You are our Father;
We are the clay, and You our potter;
And all we are the work of Your hand