Today's reading: Genesis 1:1-31
In Genesis 1 we find the account of God creating the world. The account is a precise one, in that it details the order of creation and shows us God's actions and thoughts.
One of my favorite things about the creation account is getting to see God’s satisfied and pleased reaction after evaluating the product of His work. At the end of every day when God looks back over what He has created, we see this consistent declaration--that everything which He had created was good.
- And God saw that the light was good. (vs. 4)
- And God saw that it [heaven, sea and earth] was good. (vs. 10)
- And God saw that it [vegetation] was good. (vs. 12)
- And God saw that it [sun, moon and stars] was good. (vs. 18)
- And God saw that it [sea creatures and birds] was good. (vs. 21)
- And God saw that it [livestock and earthly beasts] was good. (vs. 25)
And then, after creating mankind and observing the totality of His creation, we see the final and greatest declaration. "And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good" (vs. 31).
What did Genesis 1:1-25 reveal to you about God as Creator of the world? What did you learn or see about God's creation, and specifically mankind? Tami
Powered by 4 is all about engaging God's Word and living it out--in community. So if it's encouragement you want or motivation you need, join the discussion on the P4 Blog--a place to weigh in on the daily scripture as well as share thoughts & questions.