Early Church Example
Today's reading: Acts 2:42-47
Immediately following Peter's sermon on the Day of Pentecost, Luke gives us a glimpse of the first days of the early church. I love what's portrayed—people who are generous, cheerful, grateful, friendly, caring and loving—as they follow Christ. Reading about this group of early believers prompted me to do a little self-assessing. Here are the questions I considered. I invite you to join me in thinking through and answering them. Tami
- Am I dedicated to learning about what God’s Word says and means for my life?
- Am I eager about and committed to having relationships with other Christ-followers?
- Am I fervent about spending time with God through prayer?
- Am I contributing financially to the church? And is what I'm contributing enough?
- Am I helping and supporting other believers who are in need?
Powered by 4 is all about engaging God's Word and living it out--in community. So if it's encouragement you want or motivation you need, join the discussion on the P4 Blog--a place to weigh in on the daily scripture as well as share thoughts & questions.