Be All God Has Designed You to Be
"Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ." (Colossians 3:23-24 NLT)
Thoughts for Today
All of us, single or married, should look at the future as a wonderful challenge we can face and meet with the attitude we will be all God has designed us to be.
God has a special plan for your life. He has gifted you to accomplish all he is calling you to do. Be bold. Prayerfully step out and accept the challenges and opportunities he gives you. Embrace every positive aspect of your singleness!
Consider this …
Here are some suggestions you may want to consider . . .
- Go places you have never been.
- Meet people and develop new friendships.
- Develop your own inner strength. If you are always content to lean on someone else rather than standing alone, you may never discover the capabilities you have.
- Discover the joy of proving that his strength in you can help you accomplish every task.
- Join a Bible study group or consider organizing one.
- Volunteer for ministries in your church.
- Be a friend to someone who needs one and take the time to listen (really listen) to someone who is hurting.
- Take a missions trip with your church or other organization.
- Take time for yourself, to simply be alone.
- Look after your emotional health by joining with people who enjoy the same hobbies you like or by taking adult education classes to learn a new skill or improve an old one.
- Spend time praying and studying and memorizing scripture.
- Look after your spiritual health by spending time in the presence of Jesus, who loves you with an infinite love and wants to shower your life with good things.
Father, give me the courage to explore new opportunities and challenges and help me become all you have designed me to be. Guide my every step and help me embrace each opportunity and challenge you give me. In Jesus' name . . .
These thoughts were drawn from …
The Single Christian: Living as One in a World of Twos by Dr. Elizabeth Holland. In a world where everyone seems to have a mate, it is difficult to live life as a single person. Whether you have never been married, are divorced or are widowed, this study is for you. In The Single Christian, Dr. Holland examines many of the different facets of singleness, from rejection; bitterness and unforgiveness; loneliness; to dating; single parenting and the positives of being single. Note: This curriculum was written especially for small groups, and we encourage people to use it that way. However, it can also be used effectively as a personal study for individuals.
PO Box 22127 ~ Chattanooga, Tennessee 37421 ~ 423-899-4770
© Living Free 2007. Living Free is a registered trademark. Living Free Every Day devotionals may be reproduced for personal use. When reproduced to share with others, please acknowledge the source as Living Free, Chattanooga, TN. Must have written permission to use in any format to be sold. Permission may be requested by sending e-mail to [email protected].