Grasp the Hour
This devotional was written by Jim Burns
Whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. —Colossians 3:17
Life is a celebration. Don't postpone it. Grasp the hour! Today is the first day of the rest of your life. I came across a list of possibilities to make your day a brighter one:
- Seek out a forgotten friend.
- Write a love letter.
- Share a treasure.
- Encourage someone with a kind word.
- Keep a promise.
- Give to a needy cause.
- Forgive an enemy.
- Apologize if you were wrong.
- Try to understand.
- Read your Bible.
- Pray for your family.
- Examine your demands on others.
- Appreciate a friend.
- Be kind, be gentle.
- Laugh a little.
- Laugh a little more.
- Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth.
1. According to Colossians 3:17 almost anything we do or say can be a way of giving thanks to God through Jesus Christ. Make a decision to "grasp the hour" and thank God today. Put a check next to two of the suggestions above and do them today.
2. You may have spoken words or done deeds in your life that don’t give thanks to God. Commit to making every word and deed today an opportunity to give God thanks.