Created in God’s Image
The Bible of course indicates that before the Flood man did have a high degree of culture and technology. He was able to build cities (Genesis 4:17), practice agriculture (4:2) and animal husbandry (4:20), fabricate and play musical instruments (4:21) and work in brass and iron (4:22). These few references would certainly imply that he also could read and write and had a system of weights and measures, as well as accomplish many other things (e.g., build a gigantic vessel capable of withstanding the violence of a worldwide flood for a whole year).
All the world that existed before the Flood, The Lost World, perished (2 Peter 3:6) in the Deluge. When the eight ancestors of all post-Flood men emerged from the
We Live in the Brave New World That Was Founded by Noah After the World that Perished in the Genesis Flood
Now ponder the remarkable antiquity of the Bible you hold in your hands this morning. What this book records is seldom appreciated as it should be.
· Modern historians often refer back to the Greek writer Herodotus as the “father of history.” So when did he live and write? His writings are actually only contemporary with those of Nehemiah and Malachi, the very last of the 27 Old Testament writers!
· The supposed ancient writer of the Illiad and Odessy, Homer, whose works are quite a mixture of mythology and history. Yet they date from the same period as the sober and archaeologically reliable histories of Samuel.
· Most of the other great historians of antiquity—Manetho, Berosus, Josephus and others—all date from much more recent periods. In their writings it is essentially impossible to discern where history ends and legend begins.
And yet the Bible records detailed and accurate histories as far back as Abraham and beyond. Abraham’s time was at least a thousand years earlier even than Homer! In all the world, there is no other book like this. The sacred books and the ancient records of other nations fade into dim tradition and sheer mythology only a few hundred years before Christ, but the Hebrew Scriptures incorporate great sections of sober history stretching back to the days before Abraham and, for that matter, back to the very Creation itself! No other writing of such antiquity is at all comparable as a book of history, entirely apart from the question of its divine inspiration.
There is every reason to believe, and no reason to doubt (except for evolutionary bias), that the traditional dates and authors were correct and that we have in the Scriptures what amounts to first-hand, eye-witness, accounts of all these great events at the dawn of human history. Yet from digs across the world come bone fragments, teeth and strange pictures depicting apelike creatures fabricated from a few fragments. Where did modern man come from? Where do cave dwellers, fossils, and cave drawings fit into all this? We can learn of the Descent of Mankind from Genesis 9 and Romans 1.
Conclusion: There is no fossil evidence that man is the product of evolution. The missing links are still missing because they simply do not exist. The Bible clearly states, "then the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being." (Genesis 2:7).
Evolutionary Thought Misses the Purpose
We are even here today! In no other historical book do we find so many and such valuable statements of purpose for man as in the Bible. For example:
1. Man was God's target in creation Gen. 1:27-28 And God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. And God blessed them; and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
2. Man was God's target in redemption Isaiah 53:5 But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, And by His scourging we are healed.
3. Man was God's target in the mission of God's Son 1 John 4:9 By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him.
4. Man was God's target of God's inheritance. Titus 3:7 that being justified by His grace we might be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
5. Man was God's target for Heaven's wonders 1 Peter 1:4 to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you.
God Made ALL OF THE Universe:
· John 1:1-3 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.2 He was in the beginning with God.3 All things came into being by Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.
· Acts 14:15 and saying, "Men, why are you doing these things? We also are men with the same nature as you, and preach to you that you should turn from these useless things to the living God, who made the heaven, the earth, the sea, and all things that are in them, (NKJV)
· Acts 17:24 “The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands;
· Colossians 1:16-17 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created by Him and for Him.17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.
· Hebrews 1:10 And: "You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands. (NKJV)
· Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible. (NKJV)
· Revelation 14:7 and he said with a loud voice, “Fear God, and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made the heaven and the earth and sea and springs of waters.”
For more from Discover the Book Ministries, please visit discoverthebook.org.