One of the biggest struggles in life is being a dad. Have you ever thought about how to qualify as a dad? There is no training, no courses required. No license or degree, it just happens. And off you go on the hardest job in life. We know about qualifying. You need to qualify for a job, a scholarship, a loan. You must qualify for the team, the finals and so on. But what about with God. Look who God uses!
God uses a doubting and sometimes disobedient dad named Abraham to be the father of the faithful.
Jacob was a cheat and liar and yet becomes the father of God's people Israel.
Moses was a murderer and dragged his feet in obedience yet led and taught the people knowing God face to face.
Joshua was fooled by the Gibeonites, Gideon had trouble trusting God at first, David was a ladies man and a poor father.
All this to say the key is not the person God uses, it is the Lord!
We are all unqualified to do what needs to be done so the key is a willing and responsive heart. That is all God is looking for! What happens when we let Him use us? Great things!
1. Godly dads like Joseph are full of compassion. Matthew 1:19and demonstrate love to their families. Matthew 2:13-16Joseph was a leader in Caring. He was a protector of his family: he made decisions for the future of his family going to Egypt.
2. Godly dads like Joseph listen to God Matthew 1:20-24
3. Godly dads like Josephstay in touch with God Matthew 2:13-19
4. Godly dads like Joseph work hard to provide for their families. Matthew 2: 19 Joseph was a leader in God's order for the home. He was a provider: he went to Nazareth and worked.
5. Godly dads like Joseph give their children lessons in living. Mark 6:3 He was a modeler: Taught Jesus his trade and that took time side by side Mowing, driving, care for the car, finances, etc. Men just put some time in them each week.
6. Godly dads like Joseph lead their family in worship. Luke2:41 He was a worshiper, he took them to the feast Joseph was a leader in godliness. He was a Maintainer: Pr. 22.28 keep family boundaries
7. Godly dads like Joseph see children as the Lord does! he had 7 children, he loved his wife and family and paid the price for them! Mark 6:3
To continue reading this message please click here.
For more from Discover the Book Ministries, please visit discoverthebook.org.