The Love of Jesus
As the end of days approaches, you can find hope as you remember the wondrous love of Jesus!
Who could ever forget the dramatic scene of Revelation 6 Somewhere beyond the starry sky a herald angel stood with a trumpet in his hand, and at an elected time, by the decree of the Lord God Almighty, the trumpet sounded and the kingdoms of this world became the kingdoms of our God and of His Christ! Thus the Tribulation opened, and Christ began taking back the earth, which is rightfully His. One by one Christ will unroll the seals. As each seal is broken, He will gain further possession and control of His inheritance.
Revelation 7 then opens with the love of Jesus sending 144,000 missionaries into this time of Great Tribulation upon the world. This is the most important chapter to help us truly understand the love of Jesus Christ. In no other place in the Bible is it so dramatically etched out as it is in the contrast between the wrath in chapter 6 and the mercy in chapter 7.
Christ's merciful love in Revelation 7 is demonstrated by His sending over four times as many missionaries into the world as are currently serving Him. At the beginning of the twenty-first century, there are only 35,000 missionaries of every persuasion, but during the Tribulation He will provide 144,000 evangelists!
Look at how Jesus shows His love throughout this overview of Revelation 7:
- Verses 1-3: Jesus stands with the servants of the Lamb, and prepares them for the bad times ahead. His Spirit signs, seals, and secures them.
- Verses 4-8: Jesus knows where His servants are at all times. He directs His servants, and seals 12,000 members of each of the tribes of Israel.
- Verses 9-10: Jesus wants His servants with Him.
- Verses 11-12, 15: Jesus seeks His servants' worship.
- Verses 13-14: Jesus promises His servants a fruitful ministry.
- Verse 16: Jesus comforts His servants after all their troubles on earth.
- Verse 17: Jesus refreshes His servants by His presence.
What a beautiful chapter! Like Jesus, do you share His loving passion for lost souls? Do you have a burden for the lost? If you haven't up to this point, would you like to get started? You can begin by making a list of unsaved family members, friends, and neighbors, and then start praying for them. Get a supply of gospel tracts at your local church or Christian bookstore, and ask the Lord to give you divine appointments to share those tracts. Then keep praying, and look expectantly for the Lord's direction. Once you begin giving away tracts and loving lost souls, Christ will grant fruit, and you will share in His joy over each person who turns from darkness to the Light.
To find this message online, please click here.
For more from Discover the Book Ministries, please visit discoverthebook.org.