How to Parent Through Prayer
When Jesus left Earth and went back to heaven, what did those who were closest to Him remember about Him? Remember, imitation is the highest form of compliment.
· What did they imitate from His life? Check Acts 6:4!
· What as it about Him they couldn't get along without? Prayer, of course.
· What do we need to do the most for our family? Pray, of course.
We as parents have a biblical obligation to PRAY FOR OUR CHILDREN.
I Samuel 12:23 "Moreover, as for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you; but I will teach you the good and the right way." (NKJV)
We Must Pray for Their Spiritual Life:
- To see them GENUINELY SAVED.
I Timothy 2:4 "who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth." (NIV)
- To see them LOVING GOD'S WORD.
Job 23:12 "I have not departed from the commandment of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary [food.]" (NKJV)
- To see them living IN VICTORY.
John 8:36 "Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed." (NKJV)
- To see them THINKING OF HEAVEN.
2 Corinthians 4:16-17 "Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory" (NKJV)
- To see them FINDING SIN REPULSIVE.
Proverbs 20:17 "Bread gained by deceit is sweet to a man, But afterward his mouth will be filled with gravel."
- To see them stay TENDER TOWARD GOD.
Psalm 51:17 "The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart -- These, O God, You will not despise. (NKJV) Invitations, Christian service, others needs..."
We Must Pray for Their Personal Life:
1. To see them MAINTAINING A CLEAR CONSCIENCE.
2. To see them learning to STAND ALONE
3. To see them seeking to STAY PURE.
4. TO SEE THEM KEEP A SERVANT'S HEART.
5. To see them NEVER BECOMING BITTER IN TRIALS.
Please copy and paste this URL into your browser bar to see the other areas in life we need to be praying for our children: http://www.dtbm.org/sermon/marriages-empowered-by-prayer/