How to Pray for Purity
Did you know what Jesus prayed for you and me as He walked towards Gethsemane, with His eyes lifted toward His Father in Heaven? He was praying for our sanctification. Jesus was praying that the Word of God, through the Spirit of God, would transform the daily lives of the Children of God. That's us folks. Listen to His prayer -
John 17:17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth."
Jesus prayed for holy living in us who would live in the future. He knew how bad it would be. Jesus spoke of terrible days ahead for this world. He sent His beloved John on a journey ahead in time to see that Tribulation. The character of that world is stated in Revelation as dark and sinful. The entire world is given over to materialism, drugs, murders and interestingly fornications.
Parents this is perhaps the most difficult of all the areas to pray about. Purity of heart is usually reflected by modesty of life. And modesty is most often reflected in our clothing. Praying for purity in our children involves their minds, and also involves their clothing. Are you praying for purity in your children? Pray for godliness in mind and body.
Our position when we pray, the place or time or circumstance is not the issue of prayer. Prayer is to be for us a total way of life - an open communication with God which goes on all the time which unleashes the most powerful tool to raising, nurturing, and launching children that please the Lord is learning how to pray for our children.
We Must Pray for Reality in their Spiritual Life:
- SPIRITUAL REALITY MEANS SEEING THEM GENUINELY SAVED.
- SPIRITUAL REALITY MEANS SEEING THEM LOVING GOD'S WORD.
- SPIRITUAL REALITY MEANS SEEING THEM LIVING IN VICTORY.
- SPIRITUAL REALITY MEANS SEEING THEM THINKING OF HEAVEN.
- SPIRITUAL REALITY MEANS SEEING THEM FINDING SIN REPULSIVE.
- SPIRITUAL REALITY MEANS SEEING THEM STAY TENDER TOWARD GOD.
- PERSONAL INTEGRITY MEANS SEEING THEM MAINTAINING A CLEAR CONSCIENCE.
- PERSONAL INTEGRITY MEANS SEEING THEM LEARNING TO STAND ALONE (which means a conviction that their character is more important than their popularity).
- PERSONAL INTEGRITY MEANS SEEING THEM SEEKING TO STAY PURE.
We Must Pray that Our Children Wear Their True Clothing—Our Dress is to Reflect Jesus
To continue reading this message please copy and paste this URL into your browser bar: http://www.dtbm.org/sermon/how-to-pray-for-purity/