Is Marriage Your Priority?
Do you have as clear a mandate about life? Children reduce life to its bare essentials; they know what really matters - love, time, food, and the Lord!
· Do you know what your highest earthly calling TO MINISTRY is?
· Do you know what is most important to God about MEASURING the fruitfulness to God of your life today?
· What is the primary ministry each one of us publicly signed up for? Is it parenting, educating our children, and serving in Christ's church, missions, Sunday school, youth work, evangelism?
All of these are important to God, but did the Lord declare that they are our PRIMARY MINISTRY that we were created to fulfill?
God's blueprint for marriage is in Genesis 2: 18-25.
After combing God's Word for all that He has instructed us about marriage, I have found only one description of marriage that God chooses to repeatedly present to us. Four times in the Bible the Lord clearly states what He wants us to do - what our SIMPLE MANDATE is to be in marriage. These four declarations are in Genesis 2:24, Matthew 19:5, Mark 10:7,8 and Ephesians 5:31. Here is our SIMPLE and very CLEAR MANDATE:
"For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother and shall cleave to his wife, and they shall become one flesh."
Four times God says the same thing. Four times God repeats Himself. Four times the Lord clearly maps out what He wants us to do and to be if we are married.
Now for those of you who like to really study a topic in God's Word here are some interesting facts:
· God's Mandate for Marriage is stated once in the Old Testament and three times in the New Testament.
· God's Mandate for Marriage is stated once before man fell into sin and three times after man fell into sin.
· God's Mandate for Marriage is God's marital purpose for perfect man and for sinful man.
· God's Mandate for Marriage is God's all-time blueprint for a good marriage.
An honest examination of scriptural data leads to the conclusion that the wife's primary ministry in life is her husband, and the husband's primary ministry in life is his wife! Everything we do is tied to that.
God says our prayers the very life breath of spiritual life are hindered if we don't follow His plan and live like Marriage is OUR PRIMARY MINISTRY!
To continue reading this message please copy and paste this URL into your browser bar: http://www.dtbm.org/sermon/is-marriage-your-priority/