UNDER THE PREACHING
Read: Ezra 6
Key Verse: “So the elders of the Jews continued to build and prosper under the preaching of Haggai the prophet and Zechariah, a descendant of Iddo.” - Ezra 6:14
The phrase ‘under the preaching’ is insightful in many ways. As Haggai and Zechariah brought God’s Word to the people, there was a response of teachability. It is no coincidence that the people completed the work, stayed focused, protected their unity, and had the favor of the Lord. Isolated Christianity is a recipe for lukewarm faith. Leaders need to hear the preaching of the Scripture just as much as anyone else.
Consider these important questions:
- What preachers do you enjoy listening to as they bring God’s Word?
- How can you hear more preaching?
- When you are listening to a sermon, are you quick to apply it?
- Do you pray for the preachers that you know?
- Whose spiritual authority are you under?
- How does faith grow by hearing God’s Word?
For more from Pastor Jesse Bradley and Activate Media Ministries, visit www.activatelife.org