When Christians Disagree over PoliticsSaturday, January 28, 2017
On Friday I spent an hour with Chris Fabry on Moody Radio talking about the divisions in the evangelical church over the recent election. How do you get along with people who didn't vote the way you did? That's a big question. Here are a few steps we can all take to build unity even when we disagree. Near the end of the program I shared these 10 principles about pursuing unity when we disagree:
1. You don’t have to answer every question. It’s okay to walk away.
2. Watch your anger—it’s God’s warning light!!!
3. Listen more than you talk.
4. Not your job to convince anyone.
5. Put down your cell phone!!!!
6. Attend to your own soul – means of grace—Bible, prayer, worship, singing.
7. Pray for those with whom you disagree.
8. Focus on the gospel.
9. Be a quick forgiver and be quick to ask forgiveness.
10. Better to love from a distance than to bicker up close.
Click here to listen to the whole program.